17 June 2011

Katri from Cardigans and Cookie Dough

Hello there! I'm Katri and I blog over at Cardigans and Cookie Dough. I just recently got accepted to the Accounting Program at Brigham Young University (BYU) and I start that in the fall. I currently live in Provo and just finished my spring finals at BYU yesterday! This is my first summer that I haven't been in Texas so it's a little strange (but way fun!)! I love to sew, bake, read, and laugh. Jen and I have never actually met in person but I found her through a mutual friend, won her giveaway, and love her blog!! Thanks for having me here! :)


Now unlike a lot of women, I love to wear my swimsuits. I grew up swimming, jet-skiing, wakeboarding, tubing, kneeboarding, wakesurfing, and boating so swimsuits are part of my summer. But, when attending classes and doing normal things, swimsuits aren't allowed (well, they probably would be, but that would just be awkward!) so here is what I love to wear during the summer (while keeping it modest!)
Maxi Dresses: You would think the amount of fabric would make this dress uncomfortably hot, but it really doesn't. It is so carefree but looks amazing! Go pick one up at Forever 21 or Target today for cheap. (and obviously I would wear a shirt underneath the one pictured above...modesty!)
Skirts: The one shown is long, but any length will do. Skirts keep you cooler. I don't know how to explain it. Just try it. I make mine!
Blouse-y Tops: I have two similar shirts from DownEast that I wear all the time. I have to layer them but the chiffon/sheerness makes them perfect for summer heat. And a little print and detailing makes it look like you tried harder than you actually did!
Knee Shorts: Simple. Cute. Modest. You can even cut off your too-short or holey jeans to customize the length.
Ruffle Tanks: Layering again but ruffles/lace/bows are feminine and always look good.
Boyfriend T's: Target has the best option. Super cheap, casual, bright colors, and comfy to boot!
Gladiators: Dressier than your average $1 flip-flops and they support your feet a little better. Just take them off before too much sun so you don't get those weird tan lines :)
Hope you liked my opinions about summer clothing. Thanks again for letting me invade your blog Jen! Come visit me anytime!


**Great tips, Katri! I think I'll be heading to Target for some knee length shorts and boyfriend T's! Comfy is a must for this momma! :) -LWPH

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the tips! I've been looking for long skirts but they are all for girls who are 6 feet tall and super model skinny. I guess I'll just have to get some alterations done [boo]. if only I were talented like you and could make my own!! Love your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I missed all of these great posts. I must have been in a work coma. ;) I love the knee length shorts. I need to get some...soon. Thanks for the great ideas, Katri!

    ReplyDelete