22 January 2011

Honeymoon Pictures!

I've been using my "user" on Allan's computer lately and I found these old pictures on it! These are pictures from our honeymoon [08.09.08-08.16.08]. Yep, we were married on 08.08.08. This was before I developed an allergy to contacts and could wear them still. Now I'm stuck with my glasses until we're rich and I can afford lasik [a girl can dream, right?].


As one of our sunbeams once said:
Sunbeam: Sister Anderson, your glasses are so silly.
Me: Why is that?
Sunbeam: They are SO big!
Oh, gotta love kids, right? Total honesty :) He's right though, they are really big and I love them!


Okay, back to the honeymoon. We flew into San Francisco where we rented a car and drove up the coast to Mendocino. It was a beautiful drive but took for-ev-er. We took the highway on the way back and the drive went from 6 hours to 1 hour. We stayed at a B&B in Mendocino and it was absolutely perfect. The weather was amazing. It was mid-August and we had to wear a hoodie at night! I wanted to stay there forever! We were seconds from the ocean and there were tons of cute shops within walking distance.  We stopped to take a few pictures on our drive up the coast:




We also took probably the best picture I've ever taken in my life while we were there. Allan made me crop him out but it's the only picture I have ever really liked of myself so I'll still post it :)


He wouldn't let me post the picture he was in before but he said it was okay to post this one...that's why I love you, honey. You're weird. This was the robe at the first B&B we stayed in since our room wasn't ready. Studly, right?! Sorry girls, he's taken ;)


These pictures were taken within a 5 minute walk from where we were staying. It was beautiful. We will definitely be making a trip back there for an anniversary one of these days!

 Look at this tree! Look close, Allan's in there somewhere.

We had to find something to do for a few hours the second day we were there because our room wasn't ready yet so we drove up to Fort Bragg and went to the Botanical Gardens. It was SO beautiful. We took a break on one of the benches and an older couple thought we looked so sweet she wanted to make sure we had a picture of that moment. They also really loved my red hair :)

Can you believe this is a cactus?!
The Redwoods there were unbelievable. Keep reading for the "Skunk Train" day through the Redwoods...


The Skunk Train goes for 40 miles through Redwoods, over bridges and rivers, and two deep-mountain tunnels. Read more about it here. This picture was taken on one of the open observation cars. What an amazing view!



At Northspur, we took a break for lunch & were able to take the tourist-y pictures. Here I am inside one of the Redwoods. Can you see me? It was huge!




A shot from the ground up:




The Skunk Train!





If you're ever in the Mendocino/Fort Bragg area - this is a MUST. 




It was an amazing trip. Going through all of these pictures is making me want to go back so badly. On our TO DO list: get rich so we can go on vacation again and I can get lasik. :)


-Little Wife Power House

1 comment:

  1. oooo...get rich enough that I can get lasik too! I loved seeing these photos. I hadn't seen all of them before.

    ReplyDelete