26 January 2011

The Dating Days: Putt Putt & Arcade Games

For Chris' 18th birthday, we took John Robert putt putting for his first time. Putt putting is one of those things that I'm not very good at but really enjoy [much like bowling]. 


Little tidbit about my little bro, Chris. He finds little joy in activities unless he is giving 100% and kicking everyone's butts. I say competitive, Chris says "That's normal, not competitive! Who would want to do something and not be good at it?" This was when we were bowling and I barely broke 50 :) Love that brother. He really is good at everything he wants to be good at. Basketball, bowling, WOW, the list goes on!  He's such a great brother and I can't wait to see what he does in life. 


Back to the putt putt/arcading. JR had a BLAST hitting the ball with the club! He whacked it, he missed it, and whacked away again. Here he is beating us all:




He got distracted by an elephant somewhere along the way...




We played a little DDR...




JR & Robert drove a Mack Truck, terrorizing highways everywhere...




Allan & Chris, of course, were drawn to the shooting games...




We really need to go back. We haven't been putt putting since then! Maybe for my 24th birthday we can go. Hard to believe I'll be 24 this year. When did I get so old? ;) JK!


-Little Wife Power House

2 comments:

  1. John Robert is wearing the same shoes as Asher is wearing now so you can imagine how small he was in these pictures. He's probably only 20 months or so. I'm impressed he was swinging a golf club. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a pretty fun day! I'd like to be able to work on my putting, so I got ball targets from http://shop.annestone.com/collections/putt-a-round. They're a lot of fun to use and can help prep me for a day at the golf course. My wife and I used to go to the local putt putt for dates, and my kids are now into golf.

    ReplyDelete