13 April 2011

Happy 9 Monthday, Holden!



Nicknames: my little guy
Temperament: I would generally categorize you as a very happy baby. You get very excited and flap your arms up and down - it's pretty cute. You still love me most [hehe] but you don't freak out when I hand you over anymore. We are still working on leaving you with Aunt Lori, though. You get mad when 100% of her attention is not on you. I can tell already that you are kind hearted.
Things I Could Do Without: Some extra crankiness due to teething. Still waking up once a night sometimes [when will this end?!] I got up at 3AM to nurse you on Monday & Tuesday and could not go back to sleep. I actually do not mind getting up with you to nurse you as long as I can go back to sleep.
Item/Toy We Love The Most: Your new I Spy Bag...I may play with it more than you do at the moment ;)
Item/Toy You Love The Most: The hand-me-down construction toys that the Guerrero's gave you. You are such a boy!
Things I'm Loving Most Right Now: You are a much better napper now-a-days! Sometimes I wonder who you are when you take two 1-1/2 hour naps. It helps me get more done and also have some downtime to relax. I love you calling for "mama" and "dada."
Things You're Loving Most Right Now: Walks. It has been especially windy lately so you have been having a ball outside. We go on a walk every day to our "park" and either have a picnic or just sit together on a blanket. It's probably the best part of my day and I'm guessing yours too.
Milestones: You make all kinds of noises now! You can say "mama" and "dada" very well. You said "Hi!" once and as of Monday you started with "lalalala." I love your baby babble. You get up on your hands and knees but haven't started crawling yet. You can pull yourself up to sitting position. You also got your first sunburn this week! Lots of milestones this month :)


Stats:
Height: 28 inches [42nd percentile]
Weight: 17 lbs 2 oz [6th percentile...LITTLE guy!] Your pediatrician recommended avocados...coconut milk...things high in fat content [the good fat] so we tried out avocados tonight...they triggered your gag reflex..gross..TMI? Love you! 
So you're a tall gangly thing...just like your dad :)


Gah-lee. I cannot believe you are 9 months old today. Where did the time go? You will be a year old soon, crawling, walking, running, talking...that's crazy to think about. Of course, there are things that I don't like about each month but I swear you just get more fun. You are more interactive, you love people repeating what you do, you give the best hugs & slobbery kisses. There are [a lot] of days that I wish I could just sleep in...just 30 more minutes...but then your Dad brings you in and I see your face light up, get a hug, and kiss your chubby cheeks.


We could hardly hold you back from the cocoa crispie treat. Even without the fun flame. Every time we let you go for even a second you jetted for the treat. 


We finally got ONE picture but we were close on stand by...



Since you obviously can't eat a cocoa crispie treat, we gave yours to JR. Here you are wondering why this guy stole your birthday treat...




We love you and look forward to your 1st birthday party in July! Plans are already in the works...:)


I have big plans for our guest bath this weekend! I'm really excited. Come Monday we will *hopefully* have a new yard and a new bathroom! Yahoo!


-Little Wife Power House

No comments:

Post a Comment