10 October 2010

4:07 AM

I know, I know...it's 4:07 AM and I should be sleeping. I have no excuse because I'm not even nursing Holden anymore. BUT my friend Sallie's friend Allison {who doesn't even know me, I might add} did the sweetest thing for me and I felt inspired to re-do my blog. Allison did the new title area to my blog! Isn't it so great! I love it. Thank you, Allison, if for some reason you wander over to my blog :P. 


Oh, and I had to post pictures of Holden's new hat! I couldn't resist. I have to add that this was Holden's FOURTH outfit of the evening. He spit up on two and peed all over one (through his diaper and all over his back. This boy is talented). 



{Holden and Daddy}


{What a ham. He looks at the camera every time I point it at him. As long as he notices.}

And happy 10/10/10! Fun fact: Allan and I were married on 08/08/08. 


-Little Wife Power House


PS. What do you guys think of the redesign? 

3 comments:

  1. Yummy Yummy cupcakes! Seriously, I know it says cake but the girl I got it from had turned it into cupcakes! Delish! You will LOVE! Promise! I love you! Enjoy


    Snickerdoodle Cake
    Adapted from Dorie’s Perfect Party Cupcakes found in From My Home to Yours

    2 ¼ cup cake flour
    1 T. baking powder
    ½ tsp. salt
    1 ¼ cup whole milk
    4 large egg whites
    1 ½ cup sugar
    1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
    1 tsp. vanilla
    2 tsp. cinnamon

    Preheat the oven to 350. Place cupcake liners in muffin/cupcake pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk together the milk and egg whites in a medium bowl. Add the butter and sugar to a mixer bowl and beat at medium speed for a full 3 minutes, until the butter mixture is light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract. Add one-third of the flour mixture, still beating on medium speed. Beat in half of the egg-milk mixture until combined, then add another third of the flour mixture. Add the rest of the milk mixture and finish with the flour mixture. Beat the batter for 2 minutes to ensure that it is thoroughly mixed and well aerated. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake liners until liners are about 2/3 full. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until cupcakes have risen. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean. Cool on wire rack in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing.

    Cinnamon Buttercream

    1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
    3 ¾ cup powdered sugar
    3 T. milk or heavy cream
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp cinnamon

    Beat butter and vanilla in mixer on medium to high speed for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. Slowly add powdered sugar making sure it is fully incorporated before adding more. Add cinnamon. Add milk to create the desired consistency. I sometimes only add 2 T. to create a thicker frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen,

    Its Allison! I did come and look at it. I will change the pictures and you can let me know what you think about it! I'm glad you like and it and you are very welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I was hoping you'd stop by to see your handy work :P I do love it! I told Sallie I'll have to buy you lunch or something if you come to Dallas!

    ReplyDelete