10 June 2011

starting him early

We were at Toys 'R' Us a week or so ago picking up some birthday gifts for Holden [I love that I can shop for him WHILE he's in the cart! Won't last for long but it's nice.] While I was there I saw this $5 broom and thought I'd get it for our playroom/schoolroom. I knew he wouldn't be able to use it for a while but I picked it up anyways. Turns out, it's the best purchase I've made in a while! 



Holden loves to play with it. And the funny thing is that we caught him "sweeping" the floor downstairs with our adult sized broom! He was actually moving it back and forth across the floor! Gotta develop a love for cleaning early so he can be my big helper later ;)


Cheap toys seem to be the ones that Holden is drawn to most. Or toys that aren't even toys. I took time putting together a box filled with things to play with and what did he actually play with?


That's right, THE CONTAINER! He loved to put it over his head, yell into it, and listen to his voice. 


Hope everyone is having a great Friday and easing into the weekend. We have plans to see Kung Fu Panda 2 and will be looking forward to our date night on Tuesday :)


-Little Wife Power House

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I keep telling Garrett that all we need is a few boxes and some sticks and our kids will be the happiest kids ever. So adorable! I love that onesie! We LOVED Kung fu panda, have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true! Thanks, my mom got him the cutest t-shirts EVER at an art festival last year...I can't believe he fits into them now! She also got him a slinky one that is SO soft. I wish I could wear it :) We miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! What a little cutie! Holden looks so big these days, and I cant WAIT to see him again in person!

    ReplyDelete