13 November 2010

Happy 4 Monthday, Holden!

Nicknames: Bubbles, Bubba, Holdenbear 
Temperament: You are really interactive now. You laugh and smile a lot when I kiss you and make fart noises [very mature of me] on your tummy. You laughed for the first time this month! You're still a little particular but I think you're getting better. You put a smile on everyone's faces when they see you. 
Things I Could Do Without: Lately you've been getting up 3+ times in the middle of the night (I think you're hitting a growth spurt). You started to clamp down during nursing! OUCHHHHH! I tell you "NO!" and you just smile at me. Urg. You started peeing in between diaper changes again...twice today. Your skin is still having issues and I worry every day about it. 
Item/Toy We Love The Most: Your alligator. I love to see you take it apart. You figured it out right away [ahem, baby genius]. 
Item/Toy You Love The MostThe newly discovered Pooh Bear book. It crinkles...it has teether parts...it has a handle...what's not to love? Oh, and your hands still. You actually prefer your hands over nursing now-a-days! 
Things I'm Loving Most Right Now: You hug me now when I'm holding you. You smile when I say "momma." Your laugh. Doing mini-Superman with you, tummy time [still], cuddles. I love how you follow me with your eyes when I walk out of a room. 
Things You're Loving Most Right Now: Standing. Sitting up. "Rockabye Baby." Rolling from your stomach to your back [multiple times a night]. Kicking in the bath. Talking [Dad had to leave a meeting we were having with the other Primary teachers because you just had so many opinions you wanted to share!] 


We started Holden's 4 Monthday Celebrato with a cranky H. I passed him off to Uncle Robert [who apparently moonlights as a baby whisperer] and his usual birthday pattern followed...




falling asleep before the party begins!

Allan took a break from his 5 day homework binge for a little family time:


H loves Daddy time!

We had burgers, fries, and pumpkin cheesecake muffins [click on that link for the recipe...it is soooo tasty! PeRfeCt for the holiday season.] 




[Happy Birthday to Holden...]

Look how good he has gotten at sitting up! I'm so proud of him! We ended the night with some Mario Cart and H played with the Tesla app on my iPad...addicted already! :)


We always love having the Guerrero's over to our house. We're lucky to have such great family! I got to see my good friend, Sallie, today. I love her. She's so much fun, so sweet, and one of my good friend's future wife. He is lucky to have found a girl like her...and that he somehow got her ;) JK GARRETT! We also took some family pictures this morning with Allan's side. 18 people total! It went a lot smoother than I imagined. Everyone did exactly what the photographer asked of them so it was over very quickly! I'm excited to see them. Our little family took some pictures alone with some goofy props...hello Christmas card picture! 


[sweet picture of H and grandpa]

All in all it was another successful birthday celebration. I know some of you might think it silly to celebrate monthly but I love it. It's an excuse to get together with family, cook a yummy meal, and play games. What's better than that?! 

-Little Wife Power House

3 comments:

  1. Dear Holden...
    This is your Auntie Sallie. Today, I was having lunch with your mom and while we were chatting and you were eating....you farted. Like farted-so-loud-the-whole-world-could-hear-you-farted. It was adorable and I can't wait to embarrass you with that story when you are older. Tell your mommy thanks for the fun today!

    Love,
    Aunt Sallie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! He did an even bigger one today...but it wasn't just a fart...and it exploded all down my leg. I love being a mom...I love being a mom...I love being a mom...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun birthday it was! And I love the new wallpaper on your blog...is that what it is called? I love the frames.

    ReplyDelete