07 October 2010

thinking of traditions

Oh, how I love thee, Anthropologie. Lori and I went to the Willowbend Mall yesterday. The night before, Allan asked me what I was planning on getting. I responded, "Nothing. I'm just going to hang out with Lori & the boys." HA! I don't know myself very well. me + mall = bad news for our checking account! I swear, I had every intention to window shop. With that being said, I got some seriously cute things for Holden {and mom & dad}. Got a few things at Janie & Jack {Of course on sale. I can't afford that store not on sale}, the most ADORABLE hat you'll ever see at Gymboree {I'll post a picture this weekend after he wears it to Spaghetti Sauce Saturday at GiGi's}, and of course my beautiful purchases from Anthropologie.

I've been thinking of traditions I want to start now. I figured it's a good time to start a few traditions since we just had our first and he's still young. I found these adorable mugs at Anthropologie:


We decided we are going to sip hot chocolate from these mugs every Christmas morning. Mom & Dad get matching mugs and each child will get his/her own special mug with their initial or name on it. Allan went to turn off the lights in the kitchen and when he came back to bed he told me when he looked at the mugs he saw us 80 years old on Christmas morning sipping out of those mugs. He said the mugs might break but the tradition will always be there. It made me really happy to imagine that. I'm so grateful that we were sealed in the temple and get to be a family forever. 

I also got this apron. I can't wait to get it for Christmas from my mom! I'm going to look sooooo cute when I cook :).

What are some family traditions of yours? I'd love to hear! 

-Little Wife Power House

1 comment:

  1. I love those mugs and I love the new tradition even more! We always stay home for Christmas. JR and I bake chocolate covered cherry cookies for Santa. I wasn't really meaning to make that a tradition, but last year we made that kind and now JR is asking for that same kind again because Santa really liked them. I also video tape him putting out the cookies each year. I'm really excited about Christmas this year. It seems to get more and more fun every year. JR and Asher make it that way. We might copy you guys on your mugs. ;)

    ReplyDelete