23 October 2010

rollin' Holden

Holden rolled from his belly to back for the first time at two weeks old - it was more of a fluke, really. Gravity did most of the work and he hadn't done it again until 3 nights ago. I heard him crying and when I went in to check on him, he was on his back! I was a proud, proud momma. I was clapping and smiling and saying good job and he was proud of himself too, you could tell. He had a huge grin on his face and was just so happy. He's been doing it pretty much non-stop since then. Every time I go in to check on him, he's rolled onto his back. He won't sleep on his back, mind you. It's actually becoming kind of a problem because where he used to just cry for 5 minutes and go to sleep, he's now rolling over. I have to go in and turn him back over so the whole process starts over. I've had to nurse him to sleep a lot lately which I don't want him to get into the habit of needing that to sleep. Hmmmmm....what to do

I wanted to actually see the rolling, not just the end product so Allan and I put him on his stomach in his crib last night and BAM! He showed off for us! It was great to see how hard he was working and how strong he is. It's the best seeing him do new things and make progress. 

-Little Wife Power House

1 comment: